These 5 chemicals can do damage to your brain!
Believe me, there are way more than 5 but let’s start with the ones that are easy for you to stay away from. It is especially important for kids to stay away from these chemicals, because their brains are still developing. So read on and please stay away from these 5 chemicals that can damage your brain!
What can be wrong with our water? LOTS and don’t buy bottled water either! We will talk more about that another day. According to the New York Times, only 91 contaminants are regulated by the Safe Drinking Water Act, yet more than 60,000 chemicals are used within the United States. Did you know you can contact your water company and get a report of what’s in your water and you can also see the fines they are paying for having excessive amounts of toxins in the water? To avoid the chemicals in your water use a good water filter. I recommend having a look to see a full comparison here to find out which filter would be best for you to use.
Here are 3 of the problems with our water
* Fluoride – High levels of Fluoride have been known to cause lower IQ scores than those that live in low fluoride areas. To much fluoride also is associated with higher risk of bone fractures. Look for fluoride free toothpaste and use a water filter. Your local dentist should have this type of toothpaste on site. Our local, Dentist Santa Monica has an infinte stock. It’s amazing!Learn more: cdc.gov/floridation/faqs/dental_fluorosis
* Manganese – at high doses manganese can cause behavior problems in children and in adults symptoms resembling Parkinson’s disease. Google, toxic manganese EPA report
* Arsenic – This is a common substance that you will find in your water supply. It can cause skin problems, circulatory problems and may increase the risk of cancer.
2) Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)
SLS is a surfactant, detergent, and emulsifier used in thousands of shampoos, soaps of all kinds, detergents, toothpaste and much more. It makes these products foam. I was using Tom’s fluoride toothpaste thinking it was the best. Well, guess what it has in it, SLS! So now I use NOW toothpaste, fluoride, gluten and SLS free. SLS has been linked to; organ toxicity, developmental/reproductive toxicity, neurotoxicity, endocrine disruption, and possible mutations and cancer.
3) PERC also known as: Tetrachloroethylene, perchloroethylene, PCE
Dry cleaning is the number 1 use of PREC. It can also be found in water and in some household products, such as spot removers. According to the EPA, this chemical is associated with learning problems, liver problems and an increased risk of cancer.
To avoid this in your dry cleaning find a “green” dry cleaning company that doesn’t use PERC.
Toluene is a solvent used in household products like paint, additives to gasoline, fingernail polish remover, and glue. It can cause developmental problems with speech and motor function. In high doses, it is linked to problems with the nervous system, kidney and liver problems. To avoid exposure to use in a well-ventilated area.
Lead is found in paint and plumbing in old houses, colorful ceramics, children’s toys, and lipstick. It is linked to brain and nervous system damage, vision and muscle coordination problems, kidney problems and high blood pressure.
So be kind to your brain and stay away from these brain killing chemicals.
Have you ever had a problem with any chemicals? Have you ever checked with your water company to see what’s in your water supply? So getting the best water filter for you and your family will help with the de-contamination of your tap drinking water so you won’t have to worry about any bad chemicals going into your system, there are many out there for you to look at and see which one would be the best fit and lessen your worries in the process.Be proactive in your family’s health get out there and do the research.