With summer coming up fast we need to be ready to have some fun while staying fit! Let’s make a list and commit to staying fit and having fun this summer! That means making a list of things to keep us on track with eating, exercising and having fun. This is not a wish list but things to do list.
Here is an example of my list
- Have a summer cocktail (vodka with lemon juice) 2 times a month
- Eat salads with tons of veggies
- Be prepared for all meals, make them ahead
- Eat ice cream sometimes, read (Eating Well) below to see how to eat it
- Take healthy foods on my hiking trips
Have fun list
- Kayak, long hike, or bike ride, when I feel like it
- Relax on my pool decking and read whenever
- Meet with a friend couple times a month
- Play my drum or guitar
- Take my dog to the park every day
Stay healthy list
- Don’t always use sunscreen (see below)
- Sleep 8 hours a night (I am good at this)
- Take my vitamins
- Use essential oils
- Weight train 3 days a week
- Drink lemon water
- Have 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar every day
- Eat or drink herbs and greens every day
This might look like a lot to do, but you’d be surprised at how much you can cram into a day when you put your mind to it! Staying inside alone can dampen your spirits of leading a healthy life. You can explore the city, take a walk around the park, or even explore new restaurants in your vicinity. Simply browse using keywords like “restaurant warrnambool” and select one restaurant that catches your eye and visit it. Make sure that you do not indulge in lot of junk food. That said, staying heathy should be a key part of everyday anyway, and most of the points on my list can easily be incorporated if I’m not doing them already. The easiest and simplest change to make is probably to add a slice of lemon to your water each day – granted it’s not going to make a huge difference to your health, but every little helps!
Something a lot of people may struggle with is to get 8 hours sleep per night. Whilst I find this easy, many people work long hours and have to be up at the crack of dawn ready to go to work. If you’re not prepared to go to bed ridiculously early each night and miss out on having fun in the evenings (which is also important!), try to get at least 7 hours sleep and make up for it on the weekend with an added couple of hours.
What is your list going to look like? Below are some ideas for staying fit and having fun this summer.
Eating well.com writes about Summer Health and Nutrition Myths Busted, like why not to use sunscreen and how to eat ice cream check it out!
10 Tips to Help You Enjoy Summer While Staying Fit from “That clean life” Blog. They have some great tips on eating healthy and having some outdoor fun!