OMG! Do I have work to do! Yep, that is me in the above photo. I do need to lose body fat. Lets get started!
OK, this is how it’s going to work. On Thursday you will get a weight loss menu and recipes for week one. This will give you a chance to go shopping and get ready for week one which will start on Sunday. Each week you will get a new menu and recipes. I will also give you exercise you can do at home so subscribe to my you tube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSw8t8gyScI&list=UU7nQmfopJeM7J2rflrByVvw
Here are some tips that will help you along the way.
1) First and most important you HAVE to be prepared!!! Make food ahead and put it in containers. I do this on Sundays.
2) Know what you are going to eat for the whole week. Maybe you won’t like or want to fix everything on the menu. It’s easy to put some protein on the grill or in the oven and have a salad or veggies with it.
3) Every time you eat you must have a protein, a low glycemic carb (best if under 50) check out this website to learn more http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Glycemic_index_and_glycemic_load_for_100_foods.htm and a healthy fat like coconut oil, olive oil and real butter.
4) Make your carb at dinner be a vegetable.
5) Don’t overeat nuts, they are high in omega 6 fatty acids and have lots of calories.
6) Don’t eat gluten and try not to eat gluten-free processed foods.
7) Go light on the dairy and only eat organic dairy.
8) Drink water all day.
9) Do something everyday! Walk, yoga, take a class, weight train (at least 2 times a week, three would be better and help you reach your goals faster.
10) Get at least 7 hours of good sleep a night.
11) Don’t forget portion size. Put your food on a small plate.
12) Stay away from alcohol and avoid caffeine after 2pm.
13) Don’t eat out more than one time a week.
Remember this, everyone is as different on the inside as they are on the outside so we all have different nutritional needs. What works for one person might not work for another. I am going to eat around 1500 of clean calories a day. Eating three times a day works best for me if I need a snack I will lighten up on my dinner. Eating 5 times a day might work for you, if this is what you are going to do eat about 300 calories each meal.
Follow my “Eat Cleaner Get Leaner” board on Pinterest for other recipes and snack ideas http://www.pinterest.com/sherrymacd/eat-cleaner-get-leaner-weight-loss-challenge/
Ready to be lean, mean, and healthy,