Spring is here! Are you ready to spring clean your house? What about your body?
We sometimes forget about our toxic body. I think we all cheat a little more on the cold winter days when we are locked inside of our house with all the dust from the furnace and the outgassing from things like carpet and furniture . So now is a perfect time for a spring detox for your body.
Some sign that you have a toxic body can be that you get more colds, the flu, or have more allergies, more headaches, muscle aches, and candida or yeast. You might even notice it on your skin with more break outs, dry patches, or you might not look your healthiest.
How do you spring clean your body?
1) The first thing to do it stop eating all processed sugar! Yah, I know it’s going to be hard but I know you can do it!!! Think about the summer vacation you are going to take, or the summer clothes you need to get into or better yet think about your HEALTH!
2) Next drink lots of water. Start out your day with a large glass of water with lemon. Don’t forget to wash the outside of the lemon before you cut it.
3) Do some type of exercise every day that will make you sweat. This will help you move the toxins out.
4) Eat these foods
Beets, hibiscus tea, leafy greens, herbs, mustard (also metabolism boosting), tomatoes, kiwi, garlic, ginger, and turmeric root.
5) Eat organic food
6) Replace one meal a day with a detoxifying smoothie. Sign up for this blog to get 10 fat burning smoothie recipes. This one is my favorite,
Makes about 2 mason jars INGREDIENTS
Hand full of spinach
Hand full of kale
Hand full of any other greens that I have 1⁄4 fresh parsley
1 in ginger
1⁄2 in turmeric root
1⁄2 cup pineapple
1 granny smith apple
2 cups of cold water
I throw all of it in my Vitamix blend for 30 sec. and it’s ready. I drink one, and put the rest in mason jars for later or the next day.
7) Get a massage or use an fared sauna
Do you do a yearly detox for your body? What do you do?